Embodying Philosophy & Theming draws from two classical texts, The Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras. You will learn how to unpack the major themes in each text and apply them to your practice. Discover how to weave each theme in your yoga classes to lift, inspire and connect with your students.
In addition, this training delves into key aspects of Tantric teachings which are at the very root of Hatha yoga. You will learn the life-changing benefits of better health, purpose, wellbeing and happiness that come when we practice from a place of intention.
Each day will begin with mindful movement and we’ll chant, meditate, share and reflect.
- The ideas of dharma and karma, bhakti, mental clarity and compassion as explored in The Bhagavad Gita
- The Yoga Sutras, including a review of each limb, learning to chant in the traditional way and apply themes in your own life
- Tantra Yoga with a focus on Tantric Shivism, which is often misunderstood in the world today but is easily accessible to the modern yogi
- The teachings of Shiva Sutra and The Nataraj to reveal how we, as human beings, are an expression of the one infinite and divine consciousness
- How to weave the philosophy of yoga into your sequencing
- Tantra Illuminated, by Christopher Wallis
- The Essential Yoga Sutra, by Geshe Michael Roche and Christie McNally and Bhagavad Gita: A New Translation, by Stephen Mitchell
Do you have any questions?
Reach out to our Teacher Training Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org