In this part-time, accredited 50 hour training led by Rachael Coopes and Guest Teachers, you’ll explore the philosophy of yoga and how these empowering teachings can be weaved into modern day life.
Drawing from two classical texts, The Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, you’ll learn how to unpack the major themes and apply them to your practice, your life off the mat and how to teach them in class to lift, inspire and connect with your students.
Each day will begin with mindful movement. There will be chanting, meditation, sharing and reflecting. This training also delves into key aspects of Tantric teachings – which are at the very root of Hatha yoga to explore the life-changing benefits of better health, purpose, wellbeing and happiness that come when we practice from a place of intention.
- The ideas of dharma and karma, bhakti, mental clarity and compassion as explored in The Bhagavad Gita.
- The Yoga Sutras, including a review of each limb, learning to chant in the traditional way and apply themes in your own life.
- Tantra Yoga with a focus on Tantric Shivism, which is often misunderstood in the world today but is easily accessible to the modern yogi.
- The teachings of Shiva Sutra and The Nataraj to reveal how we, as human beings, are an expression of the one infinite and divine consciousness.
- How to weave the philosophy of yoga into your sequencing.
- Tantra Illuminated, by Christopher Wallis
- The Essential Yoga Sutra, by Geshe Michael Roche and Christie McNally
- Bhagavad Gita: A New Translation, by Stephen Mitchell