With a soft, gooey centre and crisp outer shell, this better-for-you cookie meets cake brownie is definitely high on the wholefood indulgence scale.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 3 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 small eggs (or 4 tbsp of aquafaba)
- 1/2 cup finely grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (sugar and/or dairy free as needed)
- 1/2 cup milk/mylk of choice
- Coconut yoghurt, to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Mix together the coconut oil and coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, flours and cacao.
- Add the egg or aquafaba and zucchini, mixing to form a dough.
- Stir through half the chocolate chips.
- Add the milk a little at a time, until the dough begins to resemble batter, then pour into a baking dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until only the entire pie has a bit of wobble when shaken.
- Remove and scatter with remaining chocolate chips, then dollop over coconut yoghurt.
This amazing recipe was created by the talented Sally O’Neil, editor of The Fit Foodie.