A light mid-week go-to with the best black sesame Asian dressing.
- 2 Tablespoons Chilli Jam
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1kg Firm Tofu, Drained And Sliced
- 200g Green Tea Noodles+ Or Spinach Noodles
- 300g Baby Kale Leaves (Or Regular Kale Leaves, Trimmed), Blanched
- 8 Brussels Sprouts, Shaved And Blanched
- 2 Green Onions (Scallions), Thinly Sliced
- ½ Cup (70g) Salted Roasted Peanuts, Chopped
Black Sesame Dressing:
- 1/3 Cup (80ml) Brown Rice Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup (80ml) Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 Long Red Chillies, Seeded And Finely Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Black Sesame Seeds
- To make the sesame dressing, place the vinegar, soy, maple syrup, chilli and sesame seeds in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the chilli jam, oil and orange juice in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the tofu on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper, spoon over the chilli mixture and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 3–4 minutes or until al dente. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Place the noodles, kale, brussels sprouts and green onion in a large bowl, pour over a little of the black sesame dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide between small serving bowls and top with the chilli tofu, the remaining dressing and peanuts to serve. Serves 4.
+ Green tea noodles are available from some large supermarkets and Asian grocery stores.
Recipe from Donna Hay. See www.donnahay.com