Is there any better way to start the day than with a delicious, nutritious Muesli?
Nutritionist and Naturopath Kate Johnston shares her favourite breakfast recipe that is guaranteed to keep you satisfied (& snack free!) until lunch.
This can be served as a traditional muesli with your choice of milk and some fresh fruit (eg sliced apple, blueberries or pear). You could also serve it on top of some natural yoghurt.
If you are having this post workout, make sure you add dates or banana to increase the carb content sufficiently
- 4 cups activated buckwheat (loving earth brand)
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup linseeds/flaxseeds
- ½ cup pepitas
- 1 cup chipped or shredded coconut
- 2 cups of your preferred mix of dried fruit/superfoods (eg goji berries, white mulberries, sultanas, cacao nibs, macadamias, incaberries)
- o 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in a large airtight container or glass jar and shake to combine.
2. Store in the cupboard for as long as it will last you
(Makes roughly 800g – serving size is ¼ – ½ cup – it is very filling so you don’t need heaps)
Kate practices at Kore Wellbeing in Sydney. Follow her: