Who said that eating healthily was time consuming?
Nutritionist and Naturopath Kate Johnston shares her deliciously easy dinner time classic that’s both healthy and delicious.
If you are vegetarian, just swap the chicken for tofu. You could also serve with some cooked quinoa or rice if you wish.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of red curry paste
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 chilli, chopped (optional)
- ½ bunch kale, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
1. Coat the chicken in red curry paste and leave to one side.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a large pan, add the onion and saute for a few minutes until translucent
3. Add the sweet potato and sauté for and additional few minutes.
4. Add the chicken and cook until browned
5. Pour in the coconut milk, tamari, kale and chilli and simmer for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sweet potato is soft.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Kate practices at Kore Wellbeing in Sydney. Follow her: