When you feel the flames of anger starting to rise, instead of fuelling the fire by yelling or stomping around, give Sheetali a try.
Known as the ‘Cooling breath’, Sheetali is a natural tranquiliser, soothing the mind and restoring the balance of Prana throughout your body.
It’s simple, safe and instantly relaxing….there’s just one pre-requisite: you must be able to roll your tongue!
How to practice Sheetali Pranayama:
- Sit in a comfortable position with your spine straight and your hands resting on your knees
- Close your eyes and consciously relax
- Stick your tongue out as far as it will go
- Roll up the sides of your tongue to create a tube shape
- Inhale through the mouth, sucking up air through your tongue-tube
- Close your mouth and exhale slowly through the nose
Repeat 5-10 times (more if it feels comfortable) and watch as your anger dissipates into thin air.