Wednesday, April 10th – Sunday, April 14th ~ 2019
This is an advanced Teacher's Training exploring the highly important aspects of teaching dynamic and inspired Vinyasa Flow Yoga. The main skills we will develop are understanding the inner, skilful actions required to make each pose and entire practice come vibrantly to life.
Through embodiment, visual assessment, and precise hands-on assists, we will explore the fundamental principles that build the bridge from foundational to advanced asanas.
We begin each day with an in-depth vinyasa flow practice infused with detailed physical and energetic alignment. In the second morning session, we will breakdown key asanas in a workshop style to better understand the component elements required for progression to more advanced asanas. There will also be discussion on Vinyasa Krama sequencing and therapeutics. The final step is teaching, observing and assisting your students through the process.
Learn to develop yoga classes and privates for different demographics / abilities / needs of your students, integrating a deeper understanding of alignment, to help your students safely grow in their practice. Gain a better understanding of the universal physical/energetic principles and movement patterns from the Ashtanga, Iyengar, and Vinyasa systems. We will examine how the unique wisdom of the different styles of practice can greatly enhance our knowledge of the physical/energy body, in order for the parts to become exquisitely whole.
Through this understanding, we have a knowledgeable platform to read the body in an energetic and holistic way, create effective + transformational hands-on assists and teach asanas in a therapeutic and healing paradigm. Ultimately, we must make the teachings alive, as we adapt our teaching towards the unique needs of each student. Also, we will explore how to find different ways to engage and motivate students in a fun and healthy way. The immersion is designed for teachers from all traditions of yoga and experienced practitioners.
The focus of this training is embracing alignment based Vinyasa Flow as an energetic and complete practice.. a creative outlet and therapeutic platform where the teacher can use their unique voice and experience to help each student find their place of joy and contentment. Moving away from scripted teaching toward creative and informed artistry, while becoming absolutely present with your students.
Simon has over 20 years of study and practice with some of the great teachers of the modern era and draws inspiration from their wisdom – Shiva Rea, Maty Ezraty, Richard Freeman, and Dharma Mittra.
Topics to be explored:
- Dynamic, fluid and precise Vinyasa Flow practice: detailed physical and energetic alignment, creative transitions, progressive vinyasa krama sequencing building towards intermediate and advanced asanas.
- Energetic Alignment: finding the skillful inner actions that help the body / mind focus, evolve and change. Artful Integration of Breath, Bandha, and Drishti into practice and teaching.
- Learn precise and therapeutic assists for students of all levels: be guided by principles of visual assessment, understanding healthy patterns of movement and finding balancing actions.
- Practice and Teach Pranayama + Meditation
- Therapeutic Thai Yoga Massage-based assists
- Working therapeutically with common injuries and limitations by adapting postures with better alignment, use of props and hands-on assists