“The mark of such a yogi is joy filled amazement” – The Shiva Sutra
Dive deeper into the heart of yoga. The practice that goes beyond the mat.
In this part-time, accredited 50 hour training led by Rachael Coopes and Aimee Pedersen, we’ll explore the philosophy of yoga and how these empowering teachings can be weaved into modern day life.
Drawing from two classical texts, The Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, you’ll learn how to unpack the major themes and apply them to your practice, and how to teach them in class to lift, inspire and connect with your students.
Each day will begin with mindful movement and we’ll chant, meditate, share and reflect.
This training also delves into key aspects of Tantric teachings – which are at the very root of Hatha yoga, and the life-changing benefits of better health, purpose, wellbeing and happiness that come when we practice from a place of intention.
- The ideas of dharma and karma, bhakti, mental clarity and compassion as explored in The Bhagavad Gita
- The Yoga Sutras, including a review of each limb, learning to chant in the traditional way and apply themes in your own life
- Tantra Yoga with a focus on Tantric Shivaism, which is often misunderstood in the world today but is easily accessible to the modern yogi
- The teachings of Shiva Sutra and The Nataraj to reveal how we, as human beings, are an expression of the one infinite and divine consciousness
- How to weave the philosophy of yoga into your sequencing
Dates and timing:
Two weekends over 16-18 October and 30 October -1 November, 2020:
Friday 16th October 6pm – 9pm – Redfern
Saturday 17th October 8am – 5pm – Surry Hills
Sunday 18th October 8am – 2pm – Surry Hills
Friday 30th October 6pm – 9pm – Redfern
Saturday 31st Oct 8am – 5pm Surry Hills
Sunday 1st November 8am – 2pm Surry Hills
- Tantra Illuminated, Christopher Wallis
- The Essential Yoga Sutra, Geshe Michael Roche and Christie McNally
- Bhagavad Gita: A New Translation- Stephen Mitchell
- George Feuerstein translation of the Gita
- Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, B.K.S. Iyengar
- The Bhagavad Gita, Eknath Easwaran
- Lakshmanjoo, Version of the Shiva Sutras
You might also be interested in
Embodying Philosophy & Theming ~ 50 Hour Teacher Training (March 2020)
Explore the origins of yoga and how to live the practice in today’s modern world with Rachael Coopes and Aimee Pedersen.
Advanced Teaching Skills – 50 Hour 2020
Take your classes to another level with personal guidance and teaching skills from Noelle Connolly and Kat Clayton.
Super Sequencing 50 Hour Yoga Training – Sydney 2020
18th June - 21st June$895
Explore how to create intelligent, safe and creative flows with our 50hr training module.
Injury Management & Therapeutics
Learn how to use yoga as a healing therapy for common injuries and health concerns, and restore balance to individuals with different needs.
The Art of Assisting - 50 hour Training Nov 2020
Learn energetics, how to look at bodies and get confident with hands-on assists!