“The mark of such a yogi is joy filled amazement” – The Shiva Sutra
Dive deeper into the heart of yoga. The practice that goes beyond the mat.
In this part-time, accredited 50 hour training led by Rachael Coopes and Aimee Pedersen, we’ll explore the philosophy of yoga and how these empowering teachings can be weaved into modern day life.
Drawing from two classical texts, The Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, you’ll learn how to unpack the major themes and apply them to your practice, and how to teach them in class to lift, inspire and connect with your students.
Each day will begin with mindful movement and we’ll chant, meditate, share and reflect.
This training also delves into key aspects of Tantric teachings – which are at the very root of Hatha yoga, and the life-changing benefits of better health, purpose, wellbeing and happiness that come when we practice from a place of intention.
- The ideas of dharma and karma, bhakti, mental clarity and compassion as explored in The Bhagavad Gita
- The Yoga Sutras, including a review of each limb, learning to chant in the traditional way and apply themes in your own life
- Tantra Yoga with a focus on Tantric Shivaism, which is often misunderstood in the world today but is easily accessible to the modern yogi
- The teachings of Shiva Sutra and The Nataraj to reveal how we, as human beings, are an expression of the one infinite and divine consciousness
- How to weave the philosophy of yoga into your sequencing
Dates and timing:
17 October – 18 October 2020 (Saturday and Sunday)
31 October – 1 November 2020 (Saturday and Sunday)
Sat 8am – 5pm
Sun 8am – 5pm
- love of philosophy or 200hr YTT
- Tantra Illuminated, Christopher Wallis
- The Essential Yoga Sutra, Geshe Michael Roche and Christie McNally
- Bhagavad Gita: A New Translation- Stephen Mitchell
- George Feuerstein translation of the Gita
- Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, B.K.S. Iyengar
- The Bhagavad Gita, Eknath Easwaran
- Lakshmanjoo, Version of the Shiva Sutras
You might also be interested in
BodyMindLife Reformer Pilates Teacher Training Oct/Nov 2020
BodyMindLife’s Pilates Teacher Training will give you an in-depth understanding of human movement and reformer Pilates techniques, and the confidence to lead others with knowledge and poise.
Embodying Philosophy & Theming ~ 50 Hour Teacher Training (October 2020)
17th October - 16th October$895
Explore the origins of yoga and how to live the practice in today’s modern world with Rachael Coopes and Aimee Pedersen.
Super Sequencing 50 Hour Yoga Training – Byron Bay 2020
Take a deep dive into the art and science of sequencing! Explore how to create intelligent, safe and creative flows that will take your students to the next level with our 50hr training module. Hosted by our Head of Yoga Noelle Connolly, you’ll learn wave sequencing and how to theme and build towards peak poses. You’ll also develop your own practice and learn how to break down advanced asanas, and the adjustments that accompany them.