Roasted whole cauliflower with tahini yoghurt and chermoula
A spectacular yet simple dish of roasted cauliflower that’s complimented with creamy yoghurt and a vibrant, lemony and herbaceous chermoula dressing. The addition of pickled red onion finishes the meal perfectly.
- Energy boosting
- Healthy digestion
- Purely delicious
- 1 whole cauliflower
- extra virgin olive or avocado oil to drizzle
- generous pinch of sea salt
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 500 ml (2 cups/16 fl oz) thick Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- pomegranate and pistachio to garnish
- chermoula (see below)
- PREHEAT your oven to 200°C (400°F) fan-forced.
- DRIZZLE cauliflower with a generous amount of olive oil and season with sea salt.
- ROAST for 45 minutes until golden and slightly charred on the surface, then remove from the oven. Combine red onion, the juice of 2 lemons and a pinch of salt. Massage through and allow to pickle for 15 minutes.
- COMBINE yoghurt and tahini then spread onto a serving platter and top with the whole roasted cauliflower.
- DRIZZLE over a little chermoula dressing and garnish with pickled red onion, pomegranate and pistachio. Serve and enjoy.
Cranberries can be used in place of pomegranate. Add a handful of chopped green olives and capers. Serve with yoghurt flat bread or with good crusty rye sourdough.
This herbaceous chermoula dressing makes the perfect accompaniment to your roasted cauliflower. Any leftovers can be used as a pasta sauce or salad dressing.
Makes: 1 Jar
- 1 bunch coriander (cilantro), chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 60 ml (• cup/2 fl oz) extra virgin olive or avocado oil
- COMBINE coriander, parsley, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil.
- BLEND until smooth, adding more olive oil if required for consistency.
- SERVE and enjoy with roasted cauliflower.
Teresa Cutter, founder of The Healthy Chef, is an author, nutritionist and classically trained chef. You can find more of Cutter’s tips and recipes on her website and in her Cookbooks, Healthy Recipes App, eBooks, Facebook and Instagram.